Spribo is seeking an experienced Interaction Designer (IxD) to streamlining the interaction between its software platform Web applications and users. This is a full-time position based in our office in Mexico City, Mexico.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years experience as an Interaction Designer (IxD), User Experience Designer (UX), Usability Engineer, or similar role, creating and testing online consumer product interfaces and applications.
- Advanced degree or background in one of the following is preferred: Human Factors Engineering, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Engineering, or Computer Science and/or comparable work experience.
- Ability to integrate into a team of young and highly motivated people working under Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Effective oral and written English and Spanish communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of information design principles and well developed skills in creating and documenting all aspects of interface design and user needs (e.g., implementation and mental models, personas and goals, wire framing, story boarding, rough layouts, mock-ups, interface elements, icons, flow charts, scenarios, and prototype testing).
- Ability to execute on interaction design of complex transactional interfaces and templates for social media applications.
- Experience conducting user research and translating it into design decisions.
- Proficient in software tools like ProtoShare, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Visio, Microsoft Word and Excel, and have working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Flash, and Content Management Systems.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the interaction design and users' satisfaction of the product.
- Work as part of a project team developing a design strategy based on Spribo's customers goals, sketch out the primary interfaces, create prototypes, and stay informed on current trends to keep Spribo's software platform on the cutting edge of technology and design.
- Develop, present, and document detailed product interaction and functional specifications.
- Establish, lead, and maintain design guidelines, best practices, patterns, and standards to enhance usability performance.
- Research users and the domain (observations and contextual interviews) to provide qualitative data about actual or potential users of the product.
- Model users and use context to discover behaviour and workflow patterns, translating user needs, tasks and goals into meaningful interaction experiences that satisfy users and/or reduce costs, or improve profitability.
- Employ scenario based design methods, focusing on meeting the goals and needs of specific user personas.
- Create the overall product concept for framework definition of design structure and flow.
- Design concepts and functionality into meaningful user experiences that can be monetized.
- Be familiar with other social media platforms, review competing products, and recommend design solutions that differentiate Spribo from its competitors.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, sales, and marketing teams to define product requirements under Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Create tasks for design activities throughout the development life cycle (design, implementation, test unit cases, etc.) to support development needs.
Latest blog entries
We are pleased to announce release 9.0 of our social knowledge networking platform, which includes the following new features and improvements...
We are pleased to announce release 8.5.2 of our social knowledge networking platform, which includes the following new features and improvements...
We are pleased to announce release 8.5.1 of our social knowledge networking platform, which includes the following new features and improvements...