Visual Interface Designer
Spribo is seeking an experienced, passionate, and creative Visual Interface Designer with the ability to build simple, intuitive, and visually stunning user experiences for its software platform and customers' online communities. This is a full-time position based in our office in Mexico City, Mexico.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years experience as a key member of a visual design team, participating in the complete product development life-cycle of consumer online products.
- Strong portfolio with deep experience and appreciation for web 2.0 design aesthetic.
- Artistic ability, creativity, and knowledge about design elements, such as color and composition, are vital and essential.
- Advanced technical skills to use design software programs such as Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc.).
- Ability to work independently, as well as integrate into a team of young and highly motivated people working under Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs, and communication skills to effectively present ideas verbally and visually, being capable of selling them to stakeholders and work with them to achieve the end product they want.
- Ability to work under tight project deadlines in an organized way, while keeping an eye on relevance and quality.
- Strong problem solving skills and love good challenges to choose the right layout, typography, colors, and lines to create balanced compositions, while simultaneously conveying meaning.
- Bachelors degree in a design-related field, such as Graphic Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, HCI, Industrial Design, other computer-related design disciplines, or equivalent.
- Strong user experience design, Flash, HTML, and CSS implementation experience a plus, but not required.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the visual design of the product and customized graphic design of customers' online communities.
- Document all visual and graphic guidelines for Spribo's software platform and customers' specific online communities.
- Brainstorm, mock-up, and present design ideas to Spribo's stakeholders (Product Management & Design, Development, and Customer Representative teams, as well as customers) and adjust designs to fit their needs or taste.
- Turn muck-ups and ideas into final multimedia content deliverables (e.g., images, animations, icons, styles, layouts, templates, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product, marketing, and sales teams to complete the final product.
- Use computer software to execute designs.