Mexico City Government - European Union
AL-LAs project was born from a need to articulate efforts of cities in Latin America and Europe that have been very active in their international relations and did not have a common space for reflection, cooperation, and exchange of experiences.
Institution: Euro-Latin American Alliance for Cooperation Between Cities, AL-LAs Project (Mexico City Government - European Union)
Economic Sector: Government
The use of the Spribo platform enabled us to have an online interaction space where our partners, collaborators, experts, and other participants are linked, communicate, and generate knowledge regarding the AL-LAs Project topics of interest.
Eugène Zapata Garesché
International Advisor of the Government of Mexico City and Chief of the AL-LAs Unit / GDF-EU
The AL-LAs Project is coordinated by the Government of Mexico City which launched a call to enable a technology platform to develop an online community and other Web services. The Spribo platform was selected as the possible solution to publish content related to the project, available to the general public and, at the same time, to generate and share private content for the network members, using simple communication and collaboration tools.
Results and Benefits
- Inform and disseminate what is the AL-LAs Project, its objectives, promoted actions, who benefits and the participants that conform it at an international level (in nine countries).
- Present the main activities of the project.
- Generate an agile knowledge network to facilitate entailment, the exchange of experiences and the cooperation among the different representatives of the cities and local government networks that are part of the project in Europe and Latin America.
- Facilitate the identification of experts giving visibily to their experience and knowledge in the areas of interest of the project by having a personal information space.
- Facilitate the direct interaction between project members (academics, officers, partners, collaborators, staff, and experts) for the purpose of disseminating personalized information of interest based on their profile.
- Centralize in a single point of communication other social media such as Twitter and Vimeo, optimizing the interaction between the AL-LAs Project and members.